Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kampar Sitiawan Roundabout -  II


For our second day, we have decided last night that everyone sleeps in. No waking up call. Sleep as long as you want!




Me, on the other can't sleep late. As much as I wanted to, I can't. So, me and Lilian went out riding. I wanted to take Lilian to Yee Si Restaurant in Kg. Koh but.............as luck wants it, it was closed for 10 days. The boss must be clearing his leave! hahahahaa...

So, I decided to take Lilian to another famous Sitiawan food, the "lorr mee" near the wet market. Managed to find it, quite easy to spot actually, we see continous flow of locals going there. Verdict, not my kind of food!



When I rode back to the villa, most of them are up and I joined them again for another round of breakfast. This time it was near the main Sitiawan junction where Alex swears that the curry noodle was fantastic. I was full already so I did not try but looking at it, it seems very good, seconded by Alex and Pakkong.

We were not going to do anything today except going to the "Tai Pak Koong" temple. But that we will ride out in the evening. So, we just laze around the villa, plucking rambutans to eat. It was ripening already and there were many trees in the villa's compound. We also cleaned and lubed our bikes.


Later, we rode to Pasir Panjang where the temple is situated. Hang around there for quite a bit too. The temple was beautiful. 


"Tai Pak Koong" or Grand Uncle which the temple is dedicated to.




Other deities found in the temple. The main temple grounds were actually behind and we took our time strolling around. There were also new additions to this nice temple but it was not ready yet. Must make a point to visit it again , maybe after another 6 months. By then, it should be ready.



We rode into a small stretch of trail that leads into the mangrove. The feeling ws relaxed and so we decided to wait for the sunset shot before going for dinner.


Sunset!


DINNER TIME !

We departed the temple grounds and went searching for Jit Yue Hiong Seafood. Took us a while but we managed.




Very good seafood! Very fairly priced too!


Alex drooling over the toddy! I never tried before but according to our experts, it was fresh and good. Cheap too , it seems. I took a glass but really don't fancy it. I loved the food though.

After the dinner, we ronda ronda around Sitiawan and then back to the villa. We have decided over dinner that we will ride back to Kampar !




For the final part.

No comments:

Post a Comment